Lasting, Positive Changes
I have a deep commitment to my patients and practice with honesty and integrity. My greatest passion, as an orthodontist, is knowing the life-long impact my work has on each patient’s life. At the end of treatment, most patients are genuinely thrilled with their new smile. Many don’t realize that they’ll have less risk of periodontal disease, TMJ-TMD problems, or tooth wear as they grow older. I love knowing that my team plays a significant role in improving the health, wellbeing, and self-confidence of each person we treat.
The best part of orthodontics is my patients. I love watching their self-esteem blossom from the moment they arrive for their consultation: they’re excited about their future! To be there with them, sharing in the pure joy they experience when they look in the mirror for the first time when we remove their braces, never grows old.
I’ve been practicing orthodontics for more than 20 years. My path to becoming an orthodontist was not a straight one. My college education started in the engineering field; however, the more I studied the more I came to love the sciences. My path eventually led to orthodontics as it’s the perfect synergy of both those fields. On a daily basis, I get to engineer the ultimate smile for my patients, while working within the confines of and respecting each person’s biology and physiology.
- Dr. Jeffrey Barton
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor degree with honors in Functional Biology with a minor in Chemistry, Fresno State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery with many honors and awards, University of California at San Francisco
- Orthodontic Residency and Orthodontic Specialist certificate, University of Florida at Gainesville
Dr. Barton and his team regularly attend local, regional, and national lectures, seminars, and conferences. This is ensures they are up-to-date on enhancements and innovations in the field. As orthodontics is a continually evolving specialty, it’s essential for everyone at Barton Orthodontics to remain current on new technologies, advancements in patient care, and changes in techniques.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Stanislaus Dental Society
Dr. Barton grew up in Merced and now lives in Oakdale with his wife Lisa. He has three children: Paige, Natalie, and Alek.